Lon Welsh started Your Castle Real Estate. YCRE has 600 Realtors, seven offices and closed 5,000+ transactions in 2018. He co-founded First Alliance Title, Colorado’s 6th largest title company. He spends most of his time on investment, sales and technology training. He just finished his seventh book, Game Changers, which is about the future of the real estate industry. He also frequently gives speeches about his book, The Guide to Colorado Real Estate Investing.
He has been a landlord for 20 years and owns 80+ rental units, several office buildings and a warehouse. He has developed and sold 19 new homes. 12 more homes and an office building are breaking ground in mid-2018. His team will complete 15 fix and flips in 2018.
Before founding Your Castle in 2006, he spent eight years as a strategy consultant with Deloitte, then Arthur Andersen (Accenture). His business undergraduate degree is from the University of Iowa, and he has an MBA from Vanderbilt. He has three teenagers. He pursues travel, wine, golf, tennis and skiing in his free time.
Thriving in a Changing Market - 1 CE
The entire US real estate market is experiencing a slowdown. Learn how to take market share from your competitors by handling these key client questions. Includes 1 CE cert (in-person only).
1. Are we in a bubble?
2. Do increasing interest rates result in a smaller number of homes sold?
3. How much has showing traffic decreased? What does it mean for buyers? Sellers?
4. How does Days on Market (DOM) change over a market cycle?
5. How do discounts change over a market cycle?
6. Is the recent increase in inventory something to be worried about?
7. Does it still make sense to buy your first home? Or keep renting?
8. Are buyers still paying a premium over asking price?
9. Are homes still selling the first weekend they are listed?
10. Does it matter when I list my house?
11. Is the number of withdrawn / expired listings increasing? Why didn’t they sell?
12. What are dangers of overpricing?